National Air Force Museum of Canada
Hours of Operation:
Summer: May 1 - September 30
7 days per week from 10.00 - 17:00
Fall and winter: October 1 - April 30
5 days a week, Wednesdays through Sundays
from 10.00 - 17:00
Take Exit 526 (Trenton) from Highway 401 and follow the signs!
Mapquest Location Map
220 RCAF Road,
Trenton, Ontario K8V 5P8
1-866-701-7223 (toll free)
Opened April 1, 1984 and located on Canadian Forces Base Trenton (west side), the museum presents more than 3,500 artifacts and memorabilia depicting major historical events, dedicated to preserving the history of the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF).
Located on the largest Air Force base in Canada, CFB Trenton is host to the National Air Force Museum, and also the 15 acre RCAF Memorial Airpark which exhibits 22 historic aircraft and memorials.
The most important aircraft in the collection is the Halifax NA337, found frozen in a lake in Norway, and meticulously restored to near perfect condition. This is one of only 3 surviving Halifax bombers from WWII, of the 6,178 that were originally built.
A must see
Nice building with lots of room and interesting displays. Lots of good sign board displays telling relevant stories in a cartoon like fashion. Kids should get something out of it.
Lots of artifacts on display with good information. Staff was friendly and gave out lots of good stories.
Love the restored Halifax bomber on display and was excited to hear they are working on restoring a Lancaster bomber. If they beat Nanton AB they will be the only place in the Canada that will have a Halifax and a Lancaster on display side by side.
There are currently only 3 complete Halifax's in the world.
So if you have any interest in seeing a Halifax which many Canadians flew this is the place to be.
Inside they also have an Anson , Chipmunk and a reproduction of a 191x Burgess -Dunne biplane. Purported to be the first aircraft purchased by Canadian military. It's unique to say the least. And the original actually flew. Back then many aircraft looked unique.
- Auster AOP6 VF-582 - trainer
- Avro Canada CF-100 774 Canuck - jet fighter
- Beech 23 Musketeer 213 - trainer
- Bell CH-118 Iroquois 101 - utility helicopter
- Bell CH 135 Twin Huey 135102 - utility helicopter
- Bell CH-136 Kiowa 136204- observation and utility helicopter
- Boeing Vertol CH-113 Labrador 315 - SAR helicopter
- Boeing 720
- Burgess-Dunne (full-scale model) - first aircraft in Canadian military service
- Canadair Argus 732 - transport and surveillance aircraft
- Canadair CF-5 116721 Freedom Fighter - jet fighter and trainer
- Canadair Sabre 23257 - jet fighter
- Canadair CF-104 Starfighter 104646 - jet strike/recon fighter and trainer
- Canadair CT-114 Tutor 114015 - trainer
- Canadair CT-133 Silver Star 435 - trainer, Electronic Warfare, Target Towing
- Canadair CT-133 Silver Star 593 - (cut away) - trainer, Electronic Warfare, Target Towing
- de Havilland Chipmunk WB550 - trainer
- Douglas C-47 Dakota 12963 - transport
- Grumman S-2 Tracker 1545 - Recon and ASW
- Handley Page Halifax NA 337 - A Mk VII - bomber
- Hawker HunterJ-4029 - bomber/jet fighter
- Hawker Hurricane V7287 (full-scale model) - fighter
- Lockheed CC-130 Hercules130313 - Transport
- McDonnell CF-101 Voodoo 101040 - jet fighter
- McDonnell Douglas CF-18 Hornet 188911 - Fighter
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 776 - fighter
- SAGEM Sperwer 007 - UAV
- Supermarine Spitfire ML380 (full-scale model) - fighter
More Information on CFB Trenton
Information on Quinte Air Show at CFB Trenton
Latitude: 44.1158476 or N 44o 6' 57.05"
Longitude: -77.5507476 or W 77o 33' 2.69"
Trenton Ontario is a Year Round Destination:
Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
There's always something exciting to
See, Do, Discover, Explore, Enjoy and Experience!!
Trenton Gas Prices
© Copyright 2001- All Rights Reserved